Monday, January 31, 2011
It's that time again.....the OWOH Blog extravaganza!!! A Whimsical Bohemian has organized this for the past 5 years; there are already 500...yes, FIVE HUNDRED blogs participating, and it's only day One! To see the full list of participants, click on the link above and then she's got a special page, click thru to see all the deliciousness! I'm just sending my info in, and so....
I will be giving away several prizes, including one of my new plushies, the Ghost Owl!
There will be some other prizes, and I'll add pictures to this post as I finish them. To enter my giveaway, just leave me a comment right here on this post. Comments close at midnight EST on February 17th, at which time I'll draw the lucky winners! I'll send internationally, as well, so don't be afraid to enter!
There are SOooooo many spectacular blogs out there, and each year I discover and bookmark more and more thru this event!
The only real requirement is that you leave me a comment here on my blog! Make sure I have a way to contact you if you win! That means, sign in thru your own blogsite, so I'll be able to visit you, and get in touch with you later.
1. This event is open to anyone, anywhere in the world. You do NOT have to be a participant in this event to be eligible.
2. To be eligible for any of the above gifts/"door prizes," you must leave a comment on this post only. Although I love comments, they only count when left on this post
3. I will notify you by leaving a message on your most current post on your blog. Alternately, if you have a blogger profile, I will notify you in an e-mail, providing it is listed on your profile page. If your profile page doesn't contain your e-mail address, or if you are not an active blogger, please include your e-mail address in your comment.
5. If I send you an e-mail, I will include the words "OWOH Winner" in the subject line.
6. Since we must mail these gifts within three days after the event, once I have notified you, you will have 48 hours to respond with your mailing address. That means I must hear from you no later than February 20.
Let the Blogging Begin!
the Winner is Michaele at Twigs and Tulle blog....congratulations and send me your address!
Wednesday, January 19, 2011
I love my studio barn, I love turning up my awesome stereo REALLY LOUD and singing along while I sew!
I have been saving a green velvet skirt and a J Jill matching top & skirt in a floral print, and finally put together a new pattern for them! It's a raglan sleeve top, longer in the back.
I tested the pattern first with a burgundy J Jill dress and some nice black pontelle rib knit....it turned out really cute, but it was about a size too large on me, I looked like I was swimming in it. Soooooo.....
I recut the pattern in a smaller size, as well as 1 size larger (for ALL my Red Panty ladies!) and used my special fabrics, and....voila! I love this top! I cut the sleeves alot shorter, because I prefer the 3/4 length, rather than the long sleeves, used the non-stretch velvet for the front & back, and the knit J Jill skirt for the sleeves. The size XS was just enough; I used the back of the top for the knit side panels, since the teeny velvet skirt wasn't quite big enough.
Anyway, I plan on whipping a few of these mid-winter tops up, and getting them to Go Figure Consignment in the Short North very soon!
Sunday, January 16, 2011
Well, my baby headed back to Wooster for spring semester after a month at home.....can you be both sorry and glad to see them go?? Yeah, I think so!
But, I'm thinking of her as I work on her new Western jacket for this semester's equestrian events.
It's a zip-up jacket with fancy collar and cuffs; it doesn't tuck in, just rides at the hips. Here the sleeves are just basted in for a fitting; the finished sleeves will also have the pink applique on them. Yep, that's a rhinestone zipper down the front; fancy, yes?