Tuesday, November 11, 2008

The Complete Book of Retro Crafts review!




When I was very young, my mother would get a copy of McCall's Needlework and Crafts magazine, and my absolute favorite part would be found near the back, in the instruction pages. There in the lower corners, would be a box containing easy crafts projects from Pack-o-Fun magazine. We couldn't afford it, but I lived for the excerpts, and sometimes my cousins would have a copy I could devour.

I just bought a new book, "The Complete Book of Retro Crafts" by Suzie Millions. Wow! It is such a blast from the past, and completely feeds my need for kitsch! The cover alone would have sold me on the book, because my own kitchen is filled with 1950's decor, but the pages are divine!

I'll give you a sneak peek: remember making burnt matchstick crosses at vacation bible school? The instructions are here!! There are also the braided gum wrapper crafts we remember, pine cone elves, and more glitter than you can shake a stick at! RUN, don't walk to get this book, you'll love it! Published by Lark Books, ISBN 1-57990-869-1

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

can I borrow the book?

Anonymous said...

This book looks soooooooo fun! We have to try out like everything in it!!