Thursday, March 19, 2009

March Madness!




Whew! It's been a whirlwind this month, with my dear daughter home for 2 weeks on break from college, and the general insanity!

I've been busy creating new pieces for the Red Panty line of clothing....look for pictures in the next few days. I've also been screen printing t shirts and tote bags for my brother's band, Honk Wail and Moan...again, look for pictures in the next few days.

I attended the first 2 of 6 great workshops run by CCAD (columbus college of art and design) for artists...on networking and marketing. As a result, I've ordered fabulous new cards for the clothing line, and am very excited to be working hard on promoting it. I also joined Etsy Team Columbus, a group of people who all sell on Etsy.com, which is the site for hand made items of all sorts. To that end, I've added some new pieces to my own etsy shop,
quilt7metal

I created these back in 2007, when I had a huge burst of creative energy. I produced 12 large quilts, then about another 12 tiny quilts. These are the miniatures, that are matted for framing. I had them in the local gallery here for a bit, and sold a few, but I've been holding on to them lately. I guess they are almost like children, and I'm a bit sad to see them leave the nest at first. I guess now I want them to go out into the world and share themselves with everyone!

No comments: