Friday, March 20, 2009

BAND SWAG!! or Screen Printing T shirts



I promised pictures, and I like to keep my promises! Last week while on break from my job at the museum, I spent some time screen printing T shirts for my brother's band, Honk, Wail and Moan. I combed the thrift stores for shirts and tees, washed everything, then Stephen helped me screen and heat-set everything.





I'm also making tote bags from T shirts that already have printing on them; I turned them inside out and printed on the plain insides, but you can still see the original writing on the insides! I'll do a very basic hem on the cut straps, sew across the bottom and make a box pleat, and voila! Recycling!










I got new labels, that say Band Swag, and proclaim them to be hand screen printed on recycled clothing. What can I say, my brother loves being green!