Friday, February 29, 2008

Big Bag KAL Questionnaire!

Oh my goodness, I'm so excited! I just mailed out my Scavenger Hunt swap box, and felt all sad because I needed a new swap, and look what I found! The Big Bag KAL swap!! Yippee!

Here is my questionnaire, and my answers to each question:

1. Do you knit, crochet, or do both? For how long?
I really only Knit, I crochet quite badly! I do remember knitting a Barbie scarf when I was 6


2. What other crafts do you do, if any?

I sew everything, quilt, bead, paint, screenprint. I make sterling silver jewelry (with a torch!)

3. What are your favorite colors? Colors you loathe?

I love purple with acid green or yellow or gold; I love fuschia and black; I love the colors of pansies; I adore apple green...I loathe only beige, and even that can be beautiful in combination with other colors! Or if it's linen-beige, I lvoe linen!


4. Favorite yarn brands? Fiber types? Yarn you can't stand?

Right now I am loving Jo Sharpe DK wool, and also anything alpaca. I love Cascade 220, and varigated yarns. Just not sock yarns, unless I'm knitting lacey stuff with it.

5. What is your favorite type of item to knit/crochet?

I like to knit in the round, and knit little toys, food, objects

6. What kind of needles do you like? (i.e. circular, straight, metal, bamboo, etc.)

I love bamboo, circular or straight...where is that #8 circular??

7. Any knitting tools you lack but crave?

My #8 circular!! 16 inches long, 24 inches long, whatever, can't find it! Can't find the double-pointed 8's, either!

8. Patterns you've been dying to get but haven't yet?
Ooo, no, I pretty much get the patterns I must have when I see them, I am unfortunately very impulsive in that way....I need to be more productive!

9. Do you drink coffee, tea, cocoa? Flavors you love/hate?

Love coffee, love cocoa, love mint, lavendar, green teas. CANNOT drink chamomille (allergic)

10. Favorite sweets & snacks?

Chocolate, Chex Mix, Doritos, peanut-butter filled pretzels!

11. Any pets, kids, spouses? Spouses that act like pets or kids? (j/k)

I feel like I have a house full of 3 year-olds, when really its a husband, a 17 yo daughter and a 4 yo cat!

12. Favorite things to knit/crochet for the above, if applicable?

Lots of skull-covered hats, mittens, scarves!

13. What kinds of books do you like to read? Favorite authors or genres?

I like vampire/sci-fi...I love Laurell K Hamilton, MaryJanice Davidson, Katie MacAllister, Orson Scott Card, Ursula K. LeGuin, Kim Harrison, Sherrilyn Kenyon...you get the idea!

14. Do you collect anything? (besides yarn! LOL!)

Fabric, books of all sorts, 1940's kitchen stuff, Hello Kitty, Chococat stuff

15. What, if any, are your non-craft related hobbies?
I'm an artist, so I try working on my stuff; I like to grow herbs;

16. Scents you adore? Scents that make you gag?

I love lavendar, rosemary, thyme, mint, patchouli, vanilla but am really allergic to roses

17. What is your idea of a relaxing time?

I like to curl up on the couch with a cat and read. Or I like to have the husband build a fire and watch Dr. Who, or the movie Fifth Element, or Underworld!

18. Oh yeah, are you on Ravelry and if so, care to share your Ravelry ID?

In Ravelry I'm redpanties, of course!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay, this is so exciting! I already have lots of ideas for your bag and goodies. I love your red panties story and I think you are a very talented artist.