Thursday, July 31, 2008

Sun Ra Costumes at Columbus RibFest!!



So, I sing a little with the great local band Honk, Wail and Moan, which is a jazz band doing about half their own original compositions, and half Sun Ra compositions, with a few Mingus tunes thrown in for good measure. If you look up Sun Ra, he was a crazy composer, used a B3 organ, wrote poetry, totally cool!

Anyway, this time of year, HWM always does a birthday tribute at Dick's Den (local Bar) but the Columbus Jazz & RibFest was the night before. So, in honor of the event, I made psuedo-Egyptian collars for all the band members! I used a LOT of lovely trims, and finished them out with old CD's, they reflect the light in a beautiful way, and then added beads and stuff to embellish them.



I wasn't at all sure the guys would be into wearing them, but to my surprise, they were like little kids: "I want the blue one, I want the red one, no that one is mine"


Here they are on the big stage at Bicentennial Park; don't they look great?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They do look great, but where are you my dear?

Anonymous said...

Your a Star!!
Constance

ps about Red Panties:
Two Italian girl friends in there 20's stayed with me for awhile. One New Years day they gave me a pair of red panties. If I remember correctly, they said single girls got them for good love luck!!