Tuesday, April 6, 2010

New Month, New Work



It's Spring! I am so glad, you have no idea!

If all goes well, we will close on our house in less than 2 weeks! I drove down the street Saturday, and just smiled!

I'm working again, for an upcoming show here on campus. The Mowry Alumni Center has a gallery space that we use for OWU alumni to show their work, and my boss asked me to share mine! Here are 2 new pieces I just laid out, ready to machine quilt and bind.

The first is from a photograph my friend Lydia took when she made her pilgrimage to Slovenia, it is in the city of Piran. I loved the colors of the homes, and the simplicity of the image.

The second is from my trip to Italy. When we were in Tuscany, it really was as beautiful as all the photos and paintings you see. After an ill-advised bike ride through Florence, my daughter and I spent the rest of the day sitting on the steps of the Uffuzi, watching a Japanese couple get married, seeing the tourists, and I purchased some lovely little watercolors from a street artist. That's a copy of his painting in the middle. It so reminded me of the lovely hotel we stayed in for 2 nights, in the countryside.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The first quilt reminds me of the houses in coal country.

How nice to see houses that are all different.

knitting-cat

April said...

I love the Piran one. It makes me smile.