Monday, April 19, 2010

We have a home!


Super busy week here, but the bottom line....we have a home! Hubby signed a million papers Wednesday, and we have the keys to our new house!

Friday night we had a romantic dinner for two: lawnchairs in the kitchen, eating Wendy's and sharing a miniature, teeny little bottle of Prosecco in paper cups. We looked in every cupboard and turned on all the lights, checked it all out. Took my parents through everything this week. Hubby mowed the lawn today (which meant buying a new push lawn mower, as the monster cub cadet not only won't fit through the garden gate, it's just way too big!)

Sunday my mom & I drove up to Wooster to visit my daughter, and she gave me this lovely painting:

She said that with the closing, and after seeing my little quilt with the Piran houses on it, she was inspired. I love it; I'm looking for a frame now, because I think it will be the first thing I hang on the walls!

No comments: