Sunday, November 7, 2010

New look at some New Looks!




I found TWO of these tencel J Jill skirts at the thrift, in 2 different sizes. They drape really well and feel very soft. I also found this shapeless chocolate brown velour dress; apparently the clothing manufacturers think we real-sized women want to look like a big brown cow!

With a little more thrifting, and some great printed knit fabric, these reclaimed clothes have turned into........THIS!!










I think these are much more fun! The chocolate brown velour skirt can be skooched up to ride around the hips like a mini-skirt, with the top draping over a bit. I think this will look great with leggings and boots!

The J Jill skirt met another fun skirt from the thrift, and now I think it's a champagne party top! Great for that New Year's toast at midnight!

1 comment:

Buccaneers and Ball Gowns said...

Hello there! It is I, your partner for the Samhain gift swap. I just wanted to tell you that I LOVE all the things you sent me, especially the Ghost Kitty and the arm warmers (I have been wearing them a ton even though I live in Arizona and it is still like 80 degrees). Thank you ever so much! I hope you got my package okay.